Backfirin' A

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Backfirin' A
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 13:05:54 +0000
Out with the 1600 A coupe last night and as I'm heading down this steep
downhill though the back roads, I let up on the gas and heard the most
wonderful noise coming out the tailpipe. The car put-putted, popped,
brrraaaaappppedd until I got back on the gas again and smoothed right
out. Did the same thing on the overrun heading into town when the speed
limit changed to 30.
Put a refurbished head(new exhausts valves, cut all the seats, lapped
all valves) on the car in Sept. after burning one coming home from Indy.
Does this sound like the valves are tight or timing? Car runs great
aside from the noise backing off on the gas, temperature never gets hot
on 90 degree days-- Anys thoughts appreciated.
But it does sound cool!

Cheers,
Dave Houser