Re: T series worn axle splines

To: British-Cars-Pre-War@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: T series worn axle splines
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 22:40:21 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 22 Jun 1997, Jack Rubin wrote:

> Not sure what happens on a TC when the axle breaks (although I think the
> TC/TD is pretty similar to the MGA), but given the rash of TR3 wheels taking
> leave of their parent vehicles, I'd say consider deficit spending or else
> park it, especially if you racing the car! (or run the B-GT - when the axle
> breakes, the wheel stays put!

The TA/TB/TC rear axle is an entirely different design from the TD/TF
unit.  A TA/TB/TC rear wheel won't come off if a half shaft breaks.  A
TD/TF rear wheel will.

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily driver)
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us

If cars had evolved as fast as computers have, by now they'd cost a
quarter, run for a year on a half-gallon of gas, and explode once a day.