Re: Paint choices

To: arm@unix.infoserve.net
Subject: Re: Paint choices
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 12:47:54 EDT
Ross,
 You might be on to something. I had a white, rubber-bumper MGB for
several years and was rear-ended twice in it, both times at a stop sign.
I assumed that it was because the drivers following me were unaccustomed
to those strange, red, octagonal signs with four-letter words on them,
but it could well have been the color.
  My present B is a red GT, chrome bumper. Fearful of the closeness of
following vehicles, I installed a second two-filament light socket in the
flat, chromed area under the turn signal. Now there is the original
tail-light shining dimly at the top, the original turn signal flashing in
the center, and my new tail-light shining much brighter and more diffused
at the bottom; the brakes have two lights. I feel much more secure.
  My TD is a beige color, with a red grill. This is truly the invisible
car. With some sound  absorbent padding under the bonnet and a better
muffler, this car could sneak up on anyone even with its headlights on.
In a 200 mile trip yesterday with six other cars, in the 50 miles of the
trek that I lead, I had to take hard evasive action on three
occasions--horns, brakes and swerve to the left.  Perhaps it's the color,
the tall, narrow profile, or some things more, but it does lead one to a
healthy feeling of road paranoia.
Bob Howard
MGBob @juno.com