Re: MG gas mileage

To: Scott Gardner <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Subject: Re: MG gas mileage
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 12:50:23 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Scott Gardner!!

On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Scott Gardner wrote:

> > > SU's are wonderful devices but they are not the world's best fuel mixers.

According to David Vizard's engine dyno tests, the "A" series engine
develops LESS horsepower with fuel injection, than with SU's.

> mileage is one of the quirks we've chosen to live with, but let's not
> pretend it's not there if somebody brings it up.

Well, I guess it's all relative... your perception of "good milage"
could be coloured by whatever else your driving.  For instance I think
our '73 "B" gets great milage, because my wife's '79 Dodge 3/4 ton
camper-van conversion gets app. 9-11 mpg around town, and 15-17 mpg on
the hwy... note that's standard gallons, not the smaller american ones.

TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen   (who's van rolls across the scales at 6,700 lbs+)