Re: No start, Alternator?

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: No start, Alternator?
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 12:24:00 -0700 (PDT) (19:24 UT)
>When you jump start your car you are bypassing the cable that connects
 your two 6 volt batteries together.  If this wire was "open" there would
 be no path for the current to flow from your batteries and your
 alternator would not be able to charge.  Take a close look, I'll bet you
<find it open.

  My vote goes for this, too.  I'll bet that set-up mechanic #1 disconnected
the battery cable under the seat and that close-up mechanic #2 had no idea
where the batteries were, or looked at 6v battery number 2 and didn't
notice that the cable to battery number 1 was disconnected OR
 In installing the muffler they touched, moved or broke the battery
ground strap, not even thinking that the batteries were back there.

Let us know what it turns out to be....

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*