Re: How long on empty???

To: Wizzrd1001@aol.com
Subject: Re: How long on empty???
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 16:31:32 -0400
Wizzrd1001@aol.com wrote:
> Just a quick question, approx. how many miles can you get out of your gas
> tank while the needle is pointing to Empty?? I've unfortunately had to drive
> it like this for about 10 miles, 1 or 2 times, and, I can pretty much watch
> my gas gauge go down due to the 2 litre engine in my MG, how many miles can
> you get per full tank??

  Fill up at the gas station, and get a receipt. The receipt should show
how many gallons at whatever price for a total.

  Do this from different "needle" positions like half, quarter, just
about off, and so on, and compare against your owners manual for
capacities.

  My Midget gauge stays at full for a while, then sweeps fairly quickly
to one-needle-thick above empty. I usually fill up then, but from the
amount of gas I need to fill up, there is still a fair bit left.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada