Windshield Leaks and Hot Feet

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Windshield Leaks and Hot Feet
From: W Warren Pruitt Jr <wpruitt@Charleston.Net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 22:14:38 -0400
After driving my 70 roadster in the first rain storm since it was restored
I discovered that I have several leaks, mostly in the windshield. It seems
to be coming in between the glass and the glazing rubber. I did not replace
the glass, but I did install the windshield frame (a really fun job!). Can
the glazing rubber be removed with the winshield in place? I assume that I
need to place sealant up under the glazing rubber.

I also have a leak around the pedal box. Any other place that I should look
for typical leaks? I have checked the air vent drain and it is clear.

I also have a lot of heat on the drivers side foot well. I have installed
heat shielding on the floor with the foil side down but it is still pretty
warm. I assume it is coming from the exhaust. It looks like I probably need
to remove the carpeting and place heat shielding under it along the sill,
firewall and the tranny tunnel. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

Warren Pruitt
70 Roadster