Hot Light Switch

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hot Light Switch
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 23:26:44 -0400
I was having some physical problems with my light
switch coming apart on my 1975 Midget. It's the generic
three position paddle switch.

  Now that it's fixed, I am spending a lot more time
noticing it and thinking about it. One thing I do notice
now is that it runs very hot. Nothing noticeable
on the front, but if I put my finger up behind the
dash parts of the switch body are uncomfortably
hot. The electrical tape I used to seal the job
is a little warm and soft.

  Is this normal for this type of switch? Can anyone
verify theirs as running hot or cold?

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada