Re: Our Cars Being Shipped Off? What?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Our Cars Being Shipped Off? What?
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 06:28:32 -0700
>To: Jay Quinn <jpquinn@cyberramp.net>
>From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
>Subject: Re: Our Cars Being Shipped Off?  What?
>
>At 11:23 AM 7/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>I picked up on a thread yesterday, that reminded me of other threads in the
>>recent past.  It was something to the effect of our cars are being bought
>>and shipped back oversees?
>>
>>Less and less of them for sale and being seen on the mean streets.
>>
>>What more, or rather in a nutshell can someone tell me of this happening?
>>
>>Where is the demand?  Why is there a demand for these LH car's?  How much
>>are they paying for these cars?  What kind of condition are they aquireing
>>these cars?  What are the most popular ones?  Who is he buyer and exporter?
>>

>Jay,
>
>Each year we have a BIG classic and vintage car auction in Vancouver. ( I
never go, I can't afford what I want and I hate to cry in public)

>I'm told that for the past two years a buyer from Germany has out bid
everyone on some very nice TD's, MGA's and early Jags, MK II style and
promptly shipped them back to Europe.  We've grown somewhat accustomed to
our LBC's going south, but across the water is a new and disturbing trend.
Perhaps, if the D-Mark takes it on the chin as the Yen has we may see this
trend pass.

>At least if they go south we can go get them and drive them home after some
kind American has spent $$$$ restoring them for us.

>Thanks. eh!

   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT