Re: Our Cars ... OUR CARS??? Get out of here!!!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: Our Cars ... OUR CARS??? Get out of here!!!
From: hert@worldaccess.nl (Hert)
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 97 15:30:43 GMT
For those interested in the reasons of the present trade patterns:

- until now, the dollar was cheap vs European currency
- cars in western Europe rot, and they hardly do in Florida, California and
Arizona
- huge numbers were exported to the USA
- in real terms, cars are cheap in the USA
- in many countries, like Holland, no road tax is payable after 25 years
- local appreciations of types varies; MG TF prices are up in Europe, and down
in the USA as I understand from this mailing list.

The Dutch guys I know who search for these cars in the USA have to move
further inland all the time to find them. Also, the rising dollar will have its
influence.

BTW, the atmosphere in this thread is turning a bit into the stupid mood we
find
in a lot of newsgroups. Kids argueing and low level humour. Remember why we
don't want to be a newsgroup. Besides, it's not 'our cars'. We are only
custodians. Oh, and it's still an international mailing list.

Peter den Hertog
ex-Cal '74 B (that, in our climate, would have needed three restorations
already
if it had been here all its life)