MGTF rear transmission mount

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGTF rear transmission mount
From: Truxtun Southworth <tsouthworth@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 16:28:16 +0000
Over the last few weeks a problem has developed in my TF. As I start out in
first gear
itıs almost impossible to go from a dead stop without leaving some rubber on
the road.
I traced the problem to a cracked rear transmission support which seems to
allow the
drivetrain to twist under torque until the clutch engages. Definitely not good.
 Does
anyone have experience with replacing this rear mount? Once I unbolt it can I
jack up
the transmission and slide it out. I know there is a fork that passes through
the
center of the mount. How difficult is it to remove? If anyone has tackled this
repair
and can offer me help or suggestions Iıd really appreciate the information.

Tuck Southworth