Intolerence on this list (was where do the cars go).

To: "Jay Quinn" <jpquinn@cyberramp.net>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Intolerence on this list (was where do the cars go).
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 19:28:24 -0400
> I say, good show ole chap.  Now, don't hold back Kai, tell me how you
> really feel?   :)

Gee thanks...how I really feel?  Ok translate this:

#&$@()* *)@&-@#&$ )*! ^%( #!&#@^ !@#$& ! figure that out (yes that was "low
level humor).

> It does seem a bit stuffy here.  Hey, someone open a MS-Windows(C)(TM).

And hand me a cup o'Java(c)(tm).

> I've been here @ 9 months, and it does seem that humor is not really
aloud
> by many.  *Do it and your flame bait*  I found that out by mentioning
> tapeing cats feet.  It was a joke, meant to be laughed at and not
> practiced. (I never did it for the record, don't report me to the local
> dogbert pound)  I guess it was just too much for most.
> Boy, I ended up like a crispy critter.

Hey I remember that cat thread, the first 10 or so were really funny (I
kept Bob Allen's about hire the 15 with a BB gun).  Then all the cat lovers
got sappy and started to protect thier feline friends, I think it was the
Maine Coon guy (or is that dog?) just kidding ;-)...And even I got flamed
for all the "studpid" MG vs. ** threads, like MG vs. Porsche, and MG vs.
TR, and I think I'll start MG vs. Fiat or Ferrari.

> There are some folks that email to the list in which I get great
enjoyment
> reading the post becuase of the humor mixed in with great info.

I do, and and used to on a more regular basis until David got upset because
someone said they offended him, and then he stopped mailing his "wonderful"
humor to the list.  Com'on David, get with it; don't give in.

> I'm still a newbie trying to learn and figure out a lot of stuff here,
and
> I love the humor that comes along.  Not matter how good or bad.  Spices
up
> the day, makes a potential boring post give you a chuckle.  I'm sure most
> people are at work working (And never using Internet for anything other
> than work) and could really use a laugh.  I know I'm one of them and I'm
> sure many others of you out there like good laugh too, and enjoy reading
> those posts as well.

Yeah, my day consists of boring work in front of my PC now that it is
summer time.  So I check for email like every 5 minutes (just kidding).  It
is enough that I am on one list that has absolutly NO CENTS (get it?) of
humor.

> I'm not saying turn this place in a joke heaven, but lighten up a little
> guys and gals.  Did I get my nose all bent out of shape when folks made
fun
> of me being from Texas and I have a rifle rack on my Sprite?  Hell no, I
> thought it was hillarious.  It's neat to see the creative minds out here
> conjuring up things like that, it's great.

Yeah I agree, no jokes every minute, but maybe a few good ones a week.
People laugh at me when I tell them my MGB will have silver racing stripes,
usually there faces kringe, but it is funny as hell when I tell them the
car will also be silver.

> Incidently, my thanks to all that have responded to my posts on:
>
> 72 brakes on 62 axel
>
> 62 948 slave on 69/72 tranny  (Something like that)
>
> Our cars being shipped out...

Your are very Welcome...

> Print - Q

KMR

Kai M. Radicke -- mowogmg@pil.net @ 1966 MGB -- http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg

Dialogue Internet -- Intelligent Internet Solutions

Free Citizen Ship to the KMR (Kai's Military Republic), Passport included.