'Overdrive' Badge

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 'Overdrive' Badge
From: mgguyc100@ra.isisnet.com (Williams/MG Guy)
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 19:49:41 -0300 (ADT)
Me again.

Many years ago - 'bout '75 or so, I recall (vaguely) a gent who having
installed an overdrive in his B, found a badge for the rear valance that
simply stated 'Overdrive'. I think he said it came from a Volvo of the era.
What I particularly remember about it was that the script was practically
identical to the 'BGT' style of the badge on the hatch on my 70 GT.

Does this 'Overdive' emblem ring any bells? It was about four inches in
length, about 1 1/2" inches high and was cast in a white metal, seemingly
used for many automobile badges of the early '70s.

Would sure like to find one - two actually, or something very similar.

Thanking you in advance, we remain foggy (in both memory and weather) on the
east coast of Canada,

Terry

'70 BGT
'68 roadster