RE: Source for Camshaft

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Source for Camshaft
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 17:10:00 -0700 (PDT)
Crane makes a mild cam for the B which I'm happy with. Kent surely is the
big MG cam maker and I would recommend them highly. They have a many
different grinds for the B engine. I would NOT recommend using the springs
he has purchased with a new cam unless the specs on the cam happen to
specify the same spring as the one he purchased. The springs are matched to
the cam lobe profile to optimize valve float/bounce, lobe wear and overall
performance of the cam per spec.

He will need a degree wheel, dial indicator with magnetic stand and
adjustable cam gear (kent) to properly degree in the cam. I haven't had much
luck with offset keys, the adjustable cam is worth the money IMHO.  Look
into getting a Seven Enterprises Catalog. They list 15, maybe more cam
grinds for the B (all Kent). A tech support person can help you select one
that is right for your setup and needs. I would stay away from mild
performance regrinds, I hear the lobes wear quickly.

Seven Enterprises
800.992.7007 Order
804.873.3327 Fax
804.873.0007 Tech