Re: Source for Camshaft

To: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Subject: Re: Source for Camshaft
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@ic.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 11:49:24 -0400
Robert Allen wrote:

> A friend of mine is rebuilding his 'B' motor (late model rubber bumper)
> and is looking for a brand recommendation and a source to buy a "mild"
> performance or "street" cam. His problem wth VB is that they want to
> sell the springs and tappets -- he has already bought that stuff for his
> rebuild.
>
> So he basically has two questions:
>
> 1) Recomendation for a brand/model for cam. Again, this is a daily
> driver and "race" performance not needed. I've seen posts for a 'piper'
> cam but don't know the particulars.
>
> 2) A 1-800 source to order same on a Visa card. Like the rest of us, he
> has to work for a living so if he could save a few bucks, all the
> better.
>
> Thanks for any recomendations.
> --
> Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
> "If all the blondes riding in Corvettes were laid end-to-end, I wouldn't
> be at all surprised."

Bob-

TO anyone considering performance oriented upgrades, including
camshafts, I strongly recommend Brit-Tek.  1-800-255-5883.  They carry
the piper cam, in about 12 differnet grinds from mild street to full
race.  They also seem to know they're sh*t.

P.S. no financial interest, etc. etc.,

Chris Delling