parts solvent

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: parts solvent
From: Mike Lewellen <mlewellen@fruit.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 07:41:23 -0500
I'm working on my MGB (the clutch is out) and restoring a 59 MGA.  I
just read a thread where someone referred to stoddard solvent.  What is
that?  I have purchased a parts cleaner but I have not put any solvent
in it yet. Where can you purchase the solvent used in parts cleaners.
I know Safety-Kleen provides a service for commercial garages but I
don't know if similar solvent is available on the consumer market.

I know I can use kerosene( too slimy) as a last resort but I prefer a
solvent if I can find it.

Anybody got any ideas???