Re: SU Carb piston stuck

To: Trmgafun@aol.com
Subject: Re: SU Carb piston stuck
From: Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 13:29:29 -0700
Trmgafun@aol.com wrote:
> then have soaked it real well with WD40 for about a month
> but it is still stuck.  I'm afraid that if I force it too much, I might
> damage it.  Any ideas?

If the WD40 didn't work, you're really stuck. Try brake fluid or ATF
fluid. Sometimes a good temp change will do it, like stick it in the
oven at 200*F, or the freezer (but not just after the oven!). Maybe
try some way to keep the piston under pressure while doing this
too. I'd avoid using the blue wrench, as it can heat unevenly, cracking
an aluminium carb.

-Aron Travis-
"always in a automotive frenzy"