Re: SU Carb piston stuck

To: Trmgafun@aol.com
Subject: Re: SU Carb piston stuck
From: Arthur Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 18:14:46 -0400 (EDT)
a couple of thoughts, check the outside of the SU see if it looks like the
po has used a hammer on it. I admit to doing so myself and it always
cleared up my problem, until I had to take it appart. I had dented it ever
so slightly but just enough to make it stick. If thats not the problem try
soaking it in a pot of kerosene. Aproduct that I found great for freeing
rusted bolts is called PB blaster. They sell it at automotive stores like
NAPA. I used it on manifold bolts and exaust clamps and got the free. It's
fairly expensive compared to WD40 so I only use it for the real tough
jobs. So far it's always worked.  ...Art