Battery drain

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Battery drain
From: Dan Borrego <rdb@hooked.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 11:20:49 -0700 (PDT)
I've recently installed a new battery in my 77B, because the old one would
no longer hold a charge. The new battery was fully charged when I put it in
the car. The following weekend I went out to the garage to start the MG but
the battery was completely dead. It starts up fine with a jump but even if
I charge the battery the car will drain it within a few days.

Can anybody out there suggest the first plan of action. I don't know where
to begin to look for the problem. Or even how to correct it.

Many many thanks in advance.
Dan Borrego
77 MGB