Re: Misc...Need Opinions and Advice

To: Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Subject: Re: Misc...Need Opinions and Advice
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 19:50:23 -0400
Kai Radicke wrote:
> Hey Jay..I have the 85,000 part numbers already inventoryed over at British
> Miles, and they are in Dbase format, can you convert those into something
> more useful in an internet enviroment?

  Dbase is a perfect format. Makes it easy to cruft up an easy searching
and categorizing system using some ready-made database/web interface.
(many
are free to use as well)

> Hey Jay you wanna help?  Anyway like I said before prices are a pain, as
> NOS/new/repro change all of the time

  Are the prices in the dbase format? If so the pricing updates might
be just a matter of copying the database to the server periodically.

  (PS: Kai, the potty comment doesn't apply to me. I think we all
       remember my last hissy fit here on potty@autox.team.net when
       I posted my potty for sale and threatened to quit the list)

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada