Re: Best tire size for MGB

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: Best tire size for MGB
From: "Michael P. Ohleger" <mikeoh@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 19:19:06 -0400
REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER wrote:

> I really like and would suggest 185-70 R14 ver close to stock diameter and a
> lot more rubber on the road. No clearance problems.
> Chris Reichle
>  ----------

I think this was covered once before last year.  The closest to a
"stock" tire for the MGB is a 175/70 R14.  The diameter and radius is
almost exactly the same size as the original 560/14 bias ply tire.  This
is an easy size to find because it's the standard for a the Mercury
Topaz.  I'm running them on my '67 and find that cornering "at speed"
gives you just a hair of oversteer, but once you get used to the rear
end hangin out, you can compensate.

Try that.

Cheers,

Michael Ohleger