Re: Rant about Radio Shack

To: "MG Autos" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Rant about Radio Shack
From: John Knight <taoistjd@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 97 15:40:17 -0400
>Let's think about this.  If you were the vendor of a secondary piece
>of equipment, how would you react?  No offense, but it is very
>unlikely (but not impossible) that an amplifier could disable a tape
>deck....

I have had the same thing happen to my stereo.  I dad a DIN linked
Kenwood deck and amp in my mgb.  The amp clock circuit blew and caused a
feedback that disabled the tape deck portion of the radio that was
running at the time.  I tried to get the tape deck to work with no avail
while the radio was fine.  After letting it sit on the shelf for more
than a year I decided to give it another try and presto it worked normal
again without a single repair.  It is possible for a head unit to be
disabled by an amp though not a common occurrence.

John D. Knight III                           '73 MGB (under restoration)

     "If uniqueness makes us who we are, why be like everyone else?"

Yes, I do get the digest version of the list.