Re: Rant about Radio Shack

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rant about Radio Shack
From: Glenn Schnittke <schnittke@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 19:22:38 -0500
On 15 Jul 1997 09:58:43 -0500 "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu> wrote:

>Subject: Re: Rant about Radio Shack
>
>In <34DE62383E@tartan.sapc.edu>, Lishego, Michael wrote:
>>    I would like to let all fellow MG owners know exactly how I was
>>recently treated by Radio Shack here in NC; like shit.
>
>I agree that Rat Shack does not have an enviable record in customer
>service.  However,
>
>>My tape deck
>>warranty did not cover this type of "accident" and the audio shop
>>that I bought the tape deck from looked at the amplifier for me and
>>found it to be the cause of my problem.
>
>Let's think about this.  If you were the vendor of a secondary piece
>of equipment, how would you react?  No offense, but it is very
>unlikely (but not impossible) that an amplifier could disable a tape
>deck....
>
>I'm sorry for your misfortune, but if I were you I'd get a third
>opinion.
>
>               A. B. Bonds

And if the third opinion agrees with the second, go back to the Shack and
produce paper. Any time I've had a problem with a vendor, I've found the
best way to deal with it is to, first, produce proof, and second, when one
employee blows you off, ask for their supervisor. If that super blows you
off, ask for HIS supervisor. Just keep going up the ladder. I once got a
person to person appointment with a local Vice-President of South Central
Bell that way and if you've ever had a problem with the phone company you
know they don't like to talk to people face-to-face. They gave in about
three hours before the appointment, so I never found out whether the Local
Vice-President actually existed or not. Makes one wonder. I'm kind of under
the impression there's just four people working there and they're all four
professional ventriloquists.

Glenn "PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!" Schnittke
No one in Tuna knows what I do for a livivng.

Glenn Schnittke                    I'm cured. Leave me alone.
Nashville TN                       615-385-2800
schnittke@mindspring.com