Re: Union Jack Pictures

To: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu>
Subject: Re: Union Jack Pictures
From: Patton Dickson <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 21:34:43 -0500
Thomas James Pokrefke, III wrote:

> I finally got the pictures of my Union Jack paint job scanned.  View
> them at:
>
> http://ocean.st.usm.edu/~pokrefke/NEW.HTM
>
> Comments welcome.

It's good to know that Hattiesburg is having the influence of another
multi colored LBC.  My Sprite was (an still is for another couple
months) BRG with a Maroon bonnet.  Yours looks much better.

I remember one day after classes some of my Fraternity brothers had
picked my car up, and turned it in between a van and a physical plant
truck.  You never saw anyone as pissed when I found that.  About the
same time, I brought 7 guys back from the commons in my Sprite!!!  That
was an adventure and a half there.

Another good one was the Midget hardtop I found for $25 in the Thrifty
Nickel.  I found it the weekend Brett Farve led USM to a win over then
#1 Florida State.  We went to welcome the bus back from the airport and
had to pick it up in the pouring rain.  I was in the CRX, and my then
girlfriend had to ride in the back holding it in, with the hatch up,
because it was to big to fit in the car.  She (and the yellow peril)
were totally soaked.  I was so excited about finding it, I didn't want
to wait to get it.  I was sure that if I waited for a truck, and clear
weather, someone else would have gotten it first.

MEMORIES!!!!

So advise, if you ever need work, DO NOT go to the guy downtown, near
the BAD area west of Pine.  That was the guy who literally killed my car
after taking it in for a clutch job and tune up.  All I remember is his
first name was David, and he portrays himself as being VERY experienced
in LBC's.

There is a big scrap yard in McGee that has (had) a bunch of "B" and
Midget parts.  That is where I got my top bows, the maroon hood, and my
wire wheels with the conversion parts.  If he hasn't scrapped them yet,
he had 5 or 6 "B's" as late as 92.

Regards,

Patton
USM  '91

--
'67 Austin Healey Sprite MKIV  (that still has the '89-'90 USM parking
decal on the windscreen)