Re: TD Mk "Racer"

To: Shortstuf1@MSN.COM
Subject: Re: TD Mk "Racer"
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 22:01:00 EDT
Stacie,
  Road wheels for 16 inch tyres were part #131904, in the TD/C section of
the Service Parts List. Can't imagine why someone would want them, unless
to avoid changing rear axle gears on different tracks.
  Luggage carrier assembly is listed as part #136347, in the "optional
extras" part of the list, as is the
  Double spare wheel carrier, "ventilated disc  wheel,"  part 500060,
also in the optional extras.
  Competition tyres, ventilated disc wheel, part #131904
  Badge bar assembly, part #139698
  The solid disc wheel was used for only a short time, through chassis
0500, according to the parts list, and was superceded by drilled disc
wheel at chassis 0501.
  I have seen pix of TDs with two spares mounted. I think it was in an
old article about hillclimbing in general and Dellows in
particular--magazine date about 1955 or so....
Bob