Re: SB 42 on Appropriations Committee Suspense list?

To: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Subject: Re: SB 42 on Appropriations Committee Suspense list?
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 07:08:41 -0500 (CDT)
You wrote:

>I'm not a Californian (though I lived there for a bit), but I was
wondering
>if anyone had ever considered a HUGE ralley in the state's capital?
Not just
>LBCs, but all classic cars of various persuasions. Nothing grabs the
>attention of politicos and such as a demonstration of people power. .
.just
>a thought. Probably best to disuade any wood burning cars from showing
up,
>however :-)
>
>Michael, New Bern, NC

I'm not a Califorian either (and I never played one on TV) but I think
that a mass assembly of cars is counter-productive. I don't know the
answer but feel that if we don't make them (the power that be)aware of
our presents then we will become a "non issue" and at the same time if
we drive hundreds of cars to the steps of the Govenor's mansion they
will not act to pass exemption laws because there are too many of us
driving these cars.  I think, maybe, the best think is to voice, write,
and e-mail our opinions and concentrate on stressing the "preservation
of history" aspect. If we portray our selfs as enthusiasts who just
like to take an occasional Sunday afternoon cruise I do not see how we
can be considered a liability to the environment.
Safety Fast,
David Deutsch