Re: TF mystery

To: dmeadow@juno.com, bleckstein@monmouth.net
Subject: Re: TF mystery
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 08:54:40 -0400 (EDT)
Geez, you guys really know how to worry a fellow.   I just put bronze guides
into the TA and I'm leaving today on a 800 mile trip to GoF West!!   I've had
hardnened seats for a few years now...and the iron guides that the guy
"knurled" had eaten up my valve stems and seals.  Mike what clearance did you
have on those bronze guides?
My machinest said 2 thou minimun, more like 2.5/3.0.....Skip Kelsey been
running bronze guides for years and highly recommends them.   Hardnened seats
can fall out if not properly installed.....problems can occur in all parts of
an engine if not properly done!!

My opinion is that fancy stuff for unleaded gas is not needed until you have
to pull the head for other reasons, then why not do it, it doesn't cost
much....The brits are paranoid on this subject with out a lot of
reason....however given their driving habits, constant high engine speed to
beat out every yank in a roundabout my give them pause.  Over here where you
guys don't put a 1000 miles a year on your garage queen, why worry!  ;-)

Wish me luck....I'm trying for the hard luck award and I haven't even started
yet...Thurs evening one of my 6v batteries just up and died....a nother panic
and its not even a year old.
MOWOG forever!!!
Cheers, Terry