Re: Car covers

Subject: Re: Car covers
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@pswtech.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 11:29:20 -0700
Being an anal car owner living in Texas, I keep most of my cars covered
and my occasional drivers (Shelby GLHS and MGB) stay covered even in the
garage. I use Technalon covers from Big Sky Car Cover (advertised in the
back of road and track and car and driver). I just got one for the B
that was $106. If you leave the car in hot sun, after awhile you will
start to get dust from the car cover, but it's a big win over your car
rotting in the sun.

The technalon will do a good job of keeping dew, bird droppings, etc off
of the car but it isn't waterproof (a waterproof car cover would ruin
the paint).

I highly recommend using car covers, I cover my car when I park it for
more than a couple of hours. The only exception is if it's going to
rain, then I uncover it only because I don't want to lug a soggy car
cover around. If it's going to rain and I won't be driving the car
anytime soon, I just leave it covered.

--
John Steczkowski
PSW Technologies, Inc.