RE: The old hotfoot routine

To: "Carol" <car@texas.net>, "Carol" <car@texas.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: The old hotfoot routine
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 97 13:02:17 UT
I would dissipate the heat by employing the following two strategies.  1.  Rip
out the dash in my 69 and install a nice glove compartment.  In the glove I'd
install heat retaining elements (e.g., rocks - which can also be used as a
hammer or wheel stay in a pinch) and a cup holder.  Presto, a tea or coffee
warmer.  2.  I'd get one of those compact spares to free up another 4 or 5
square inches in the trunk then I'd run hot water lines to a suitably sized
steam engine (also installed in the trunk).  Add a clutch assembly and some
heavy duty rubber bands connected to the window wheels and whammoo - I've got
power windows!!

I am concerned that the rocks will take away from the car's originality and of
course there is a big concern about the availability of water for the steam
engine on long trips.

Dr. Doug
69 C Rdst
69 C GT