RE: The old hotfoot routine

To: doug russell <dr-doug@msn.com>
Subject: RE: The old hotfoot routine
From: Len Bugel <bugel@bianca.sms.k12.vt.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 10:26:30 -0400 (EDT)
On the subject of heat in the footwell, and heat in general, my MGA
doesn't really like it when the ambient temperature goes much above 85 F.
I should add that the car has an 1800 3-main engine, and the radiator and
oil cooler to match. I have been looking at those pretty chromed vents on
either side of the bonnet, and wondering if a 12V muffin fan under one or
both, blowing out, would lower the under-bonnet temperature. I tied a
piece of string to the near-side vent, and while it doesn't get sucked in,
it sure doesn't blow out much, either! Any experience and/or opinions?
        Also, I have seen a couple of As with every other grille bar
removed - don't much like the looks, but can someone tell me how much it
helps?

        If I had the good sense to stay in Vermont this would almost never
be a problem, but I find myself spending summers at Fermilab, near Chicago
- a practice that seems destined to continue in the future - and it sure
is hot out here!

Len Bugel
'51 TD
'57 MGA