RE: musings and a question

To: "Brian & Patricia LaVoie" <BPLAVOIE@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: RE: musings and a question
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 97 16:43:10 UT
For 5 years I commuted from East Meadow, LI into NYC in my 69 Beater.  It
always got me home (some parts dangling perhaps)!!!  The only time I had an
"event" which required outside assistance was when I got a flat and my jack
broke - some benevolent soul pulled over and lent me one in response to the
sign I was holding "FLAT, NEED JACK".  Another time I dragged the exhaust
manifold pipe from midtown all the way home - it was loud but I got home.

Now my FIAT 124 was another story - that puppy was always leaving me
stranded!!! One time the firewall collapsed where the clutch cable connects
just as I was getting on to the entrance of the 59th street bridge.  I had to
push the FIAT and of course no one offered to help - oddly though, some of the
more cheery commuters did offer some advice, as they passed by, concerning
fornication with oneself and/or various family members.

As far as the AC is concerned - I use to wear a t-shirt/jacket on the way in
and then change into the monkey suit top once in the office.

However, I do not commute or where monkey suits anymore (in fact I don't think
I've even had socks or shoes on since June).

Just another hick (now) in PA

Dr. Doug
69 C Roadster
69 C GT