Re: Main bearing problem

To: jape@email.unc.edu
Subject: Re: Main bearing problem
From: bugide@juno.com (Larry Dickstein)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 13:12:13 EDT
John-
        I have learned the hard way why there are erasers on pencils.
Most machine shops do good work and some do excellent work.  All make
mistakes.  You need to measure your crank  (Leave it alone, Bob) and
check the tolerances  yourself.  You have, however, pointed out a great
engine building technique.  Make sure stuff turns freely and easily at
EVERY step of the rebuild.  BTW, when you mentioned oil for the bearings
I assume you meant some sort of specialty rebuild lubricant.

Larry Dickstein
bugide@juno.com