Re: ENOUGH ALREADY!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: ENOUGH ALREADY!
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 11:18:21 -0700

>There are two ways to attatck this anti-car mentality. Education, get your
>friends and neighbors to first understand that there actually IS an
>impending problem and try to reason with them and get them to identify when
>they are being propagandized, and two, work on defining the local laws to a
>point that there is little left up for inturpitation. These are positive
>actions that we can take while the whole world goes to hell in a handbasket
>and there's not a thing that we can do about it! See you on the Funway! -

 Reminds me of an anecdote from Farley Mowats book "SIBIR", his exploration
of Siberia during the later part of the Soviet reign.  Seems he and a group
of other North American journalists were tossing back some refreshing
beverages with their Soviet counterparts and discussing the relative merits
of their two systems of government  when the subject of government
propaganda came up.  One of the Soviets laughingly asked a rather stiff and
holier-than-thou American  if he knew the difference between American
propaganda and the Soviet version. The American fellow figured he was being
set up but decided to play along. "No" replied.  The Soviet grinned and said
"You believe yours...."

Cheers,
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT