Re: Hole near tranny...(plus musing)

To: Wizzrd1001@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Hole near tranny...(plus musing)
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 1997 17:05:47 -0400
At 05:52 PM 8/2/97 -0400, Wizzrd1001@aol.com wrote:
I'm 16, I love my MG, I'm hoping to share that love with a
>58 Mini, and would being able to one day walk into a 2 story garage and have
>to choose between the
>'69 B, the MGA, the (heaven help me) MGC, and it's bro, the MGC GT, the Mini
>Cooper, the Austin Healey 3000, the Bugeye, either the green, or the red, or
>a nice TR3 or something a little older and British....None of which I own,
>but, hope to one day do so...I thank my dad for getting me into this, and I'm
>hoping that when I'm old enough to have a son who drives, there are still
>cars like this to be found!

haha; you are brainwashed young man; all those LBCs and what do you think
you will doing for a living which will enable you to spend 25 hours/week
working on them.  I suggest you just grab a nice '70 Porsche 911 and
restore it and be done with it.  No 2-story garage.  Just the SUV(for the
wet days), the MGB/MGA, a pickup truck(if  you're like me and you're a
hick), and a Porsche for when you feel the need for speed.
Don't get me wrong, but British is nice and all, but there is such a thing
as overkill.  The British drink warm beer, and talk funny, and hell,
they're the ones who invaded us a long time ago.  Don't forget that.

before any of you uptight guys decide to flame me, please be advised that
the above comments are in humor.  I thought I might add that disclaimer
before i send.  If you want to flame me in attempts to humor me, please
fire away.  I think the Porsche 911 is more of a car and has more character
than any other car around.

Jay
BTW, I have a '78 MGB and a '70 MGB and no Porsche 911