Apple Hydraulics and rebuilt shocks

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Apple Hydraulics and rebuilt shocks
From: barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 02:28:56 EDT
Rebuilt front shocks #6 and #7 are now both leaking profusely.  I filled
them Saturday for autocross.  Sunday one was empty, one was half empty.
both will have to go back to Apple again.  On race days I have more
pressing things to do than putting oil in the shocks.  This sucks.

The original shocks lasted 38 years before one started to leak.  My main
regret here is that I sent both front shocks in for rebuild when only one
was leaking (gave up a good one).  Now I have two that leak, for a season
and a half now.  If Apple can't get me two good shocks before the two
year warrantee runs out, the air will be filled with the news.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude