Re: '59 A with a V8 (horror!)

To: Ain Vale <ainv@rainbow.burnside.powells.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: '59 A with a V8 (horror!)
From: RatiganJ@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 23:44:37 -0400 (EDT)
I bought a 58 MGA that was relatively complete without rust that had sat in a
field (covered) for 15 years.  The engine (which was MGB) was frozen.  I am
not doing a ground-up restoration, but have concentrated on redoing the
mechanicals - rebuilt the engine (after finding a 1500 short block), new
brakes, wheel bearings, wiring, etc.  I now have about $8,000 into the car
(bought it for $2200).  Sounds like you will have more than that to get to
the point I am at.  My suggestion - get a more original MGA - there are lots
around.  Check online trader, or simply put a post on this mail list.

Joe Ratigan
58 Roadster (close to new engine ignition day)