Re: DIY vs. Garage Repairs (Re: It's about time!)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: DIY vs. Garage Repairs (Re: It's about time!)
From: Kelvin Dodd <kdodd@West.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 09:42:45 -0700
Jason:

        I installed the Moss kit on my 65 MGB a couple of years ago.  I
have an air compressor, et al. All I used were hand tools and an
electric drill.  Air tools can make a job easier, but are not necessary
for a front end rebuild.  The kit comes with a drill guide that allows
you to drill a circle of holes.  Then a hammer is used to punch the
circle out.  A hand file is then used to smooth the edge.  I don't have
an air drill or a die grinder which are the two tools that would make
the job easier.  I also did not drop the cross member, which makes the
cutting much easier.  (I think I still have metal shavings imbedded in
my back).

        Just letting you know that the job is within the reach of a diy
with hand tools.

Kelvin.