Re: midget clutch question

To: howarth@pulsenet.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: midget clutch question
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 22:52:49 -0400 (EDT)
Dustin,

The problem is probably just hydraulic, although the whining is worrisome.

One of the weaknesses of our MG's is the clutch master/slave system. You'll
probably have more trouble with it than anything else. They're just damn hard
to get bled right.

Try it some more. Be careful to not run the master cylinder too low when you
bleed the slave. You'll just get more air it it. I have someone help me (if
at all possible) and top off after each or every other bleed cycle. I prefer
DOT 4 fluid. It's a little kinder to the system's soft parts.

If you haven't succeeded by the end of this weekend, e-mail again.

R. Johnson - Dallas (and damn happy to NOT be moving after all)

'90 Main Coon
'79 Midget
'76 Midget
'73 MGB