Weber problem - solved!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Weber problem - solved!
From: MLishego@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 23:09:23 -0400 (EDT)
Hello to all,
The problem with my Weber carb wasn't what i had made it out to be.  After I
removed the pollution controls, I advanced the timing just a little bit.  I
fired the car up, and the stutter and backfire was all but gone.  A little
more advance, and it was gone!  I replaced my old thermostat cover with one
of those neat aluminum ones, and discovered that my thermostat was not stuck.
 However, my car still drastically overheats.  I plan on pulling the water
pump, but barring any serious difficulties, I don't know why the car
continues to overheat.  What should be my next course of action?  I fear that
there might be a blocked water passage.  What can i do to relieve this
situation, barring pulling the engine and having the block cleaned?
~Mike Lishego
P.S. ~ Thanks to everbody who gave me help with the Union Jack on the boot
lid!   I just finished mine, and it looks great!  Y'all deserve a cyber-pat
on the back!