Re: What about the insurance? (formerly - Criswell family needs assistan

To: dr-doug@msn.com
Subject: Re: What about the insurance? (formerly - Criswell family needs assistance)
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 15:58:24 -0400 (EDT)

<< Why can't they come to agreement?  I bring this up because I have my two
Cs
 insured for $X and if I were to incur a total loss I would expect to collect

 $X from the insurance company. Is this not true?  If not, how do we
safeguard
 ourselves? The value is stated on the policy and the insurance company has
 pictures of the cars.

Doesn't the appraisal play a major part of what the car is worth?  I would
imagine that an appraisal, pictures, and an agreed value of the car should
play a major part in what the car is worth if it is stolen or wrecked.  What
if the car was given to him by a relative?  Then it would be worth nothing?!?

Scott