Re: UPS and LBC parts

To: pbailey@qnet.com, bearlock@erols.com
Subject: Re: UPS and LBC parts
From: Spook37211@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 22:12:03 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-08-09 11:43:54 EDT, pbailey@qnet.com (patrick bailey)
writes:

<<  effette attacks on the hard working union members while ignoring the fact
that UPS made 1.6
 > BILLION in profits last year and only pays their part timers a lousy $8 an
hour at that ungodly
 > hour!Have you seen a UPS guy work? He is running all day long!How many of
you w >>
Most of the jobs at stake could be done easily by idiots.  I don't begrudge
their contract, but greed is the bottom line.....that and Teamster control of
the retirement funds. (see organized crime).
Part timers are being hired because of government regs that increased bogus
entitlements.  In France, NOBODY, hires a Frenchman if they can avoid
it....it costs too much.
So they make BILLIONS.....how much money did YOU invest in equipment, etc. ?
None, huh?
The Teamsters are the WORST of the unions (who only represent 10% of the work
force, by the bye)
If yopu don't want your job....quit!
Somebody will take it. (and ship my parts)
Ray