Re: Midget Runs, then dies....Continued

To: Steve Byers <byers@cconnect.net>, Nory@webtv.net
Subject: Re: Midget Runs, then dies....Continued
From: "David E. Brown" <debrown@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 21:55:19 +0000
My findings on the topic...
The 77 Midget has a resistance wire, which you can find in a splice in
the front wiring harness right in the center above the horns, and the
other end lies in a splice with 3 white wires (one from the ignition
switch)in the harness to the left of the pedal box)  On my 77 1500 it
has a pink braided cover, this makes it quite distinctive compared to
the regular wiring.  There is a  thing that looks like a ballast
resistor on the 77 model, but it is a "push" resistor, if I have the
term right, and is used for the Lucas electronic ignition.  It becomes
baggage if the ignition is replaced by a Crane, as I had to.

This little episode has sure taught me some lessons on thinking things
through on these cars, and of course, on the value of having many
friends to help point things out to me.

Yours,
Dave (happy to have driven over 100 miles today in my newly revitalized
midget)