UPS = Used (reconditioned) Parts Suppliers

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: UPS = Used (reconditioned) Parts Suppliers
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 15:06:59 -0500 (CDT)
I have bought faulty stuff from many suppliers including Victoria
British, Moss and Special Interest. These things happen. As far as "not
the usual sources" goes, I suspect that Peep Boys and Moss may very
well be using the same people for their rebuild work and also would not
be surprised to hear they have several sources. Then to make matters
worst yet, in these rebuild shops there are several rebuilders all with
varying skill levels. As with most rides in life you pay your quarter
and take your chances. I'm just guessing but I'll bet the volume of
business is huge, at a place like Peep Boys and you are always going to
hear the bad stuff louder than the good. Lastly and not to get into an
editorial here, I feel there is a real problem with customer service in
the US (I don't know from anywhere else). A rating of "that wasn't so
bad" is almost a rave over the last few years. Excellent service is an
oddity.      Safety fast, David Deutsch

You wrote:

>Hello??? David Deutsch
>
>>Hello all,
>>On the topic of rebuilt parts:
>>I called Peep Boys this weekend on the hunch they may have access to
>>Lucas alternators. Sure E nuf, every day low price is $77.?? plus
tax.
>>A core charge of $30 without exchange. Once again the moral of the
>>story is to explore your buying options. In most cases I'm willing to

>>pay for the convinence of phone ordering but if I got to run to a
>>"package shipping company" :-) to ship a core back it's the same
>>mileage to Peep Boys in my neck of the woods (Long Island, New York).

>>love to drive anyway.
>>Safety Fast, David Deutsch
>
>I bought a Peep Boys Lucas Rebuilt Alternator and immediatly killed
two
>batteries. One on the road for vaca. I suspect that the rebuild was
wired
>wrong and shorted out the batteries. On the other hand it came with
the
>fan and pulley and it may have been just my bad luck to get a bad alt.

Be