Re: Shocks... er, dampeners (sorry)

To: RJohn50603@aol.com
Subject: Re: Shocks... er, dampeners (sorry)
From: barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 19:03:49 EDT
On Mon, 18 Aug 1997 07:18:24 -0400 (EDT) RJohn50603@aol.com writes:

>I bought rebuilt for the front from a local BAP store back then. The
store has been gone for awhile and I'm wondering where is the best deal
these days?

My personal recommendation:  Buy new ones.

If you have to go with rebuilts again, avoid Apple Hydraulics like the
plague.  They are currently sending me replacements #8 and #9.  So far 7
out of 7 are leakers after less than 5000 miles an any of them.  And
their 2 year warrantee expires this winter.

$.02,

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude, and still with leaky shocks