'75 Midget clutch problem.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: '75 Midget clutch problem.
From: cfiddes@direct.ca
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 17:30:31 +0000
Hi folks.

I bled the clutch on my '75 Midget today.  I used a one man bleed
system and about pint of hydraulic fluid as I was trying to flush the
old fluid entirely.

Anyway, I got it running clear in the bleed tube, closed off the
bleed nipple and topped up the clutch master cylinder.  Now my clutch
doesn't seem to disengage completely when the pedal is on the floor.

I took the lid off the master cylinder and everything was fine.  I've
checked the breather hole on the cap, and air seems to be passing
through it well enough, so I'm really confused.

I can't very well drive around without the cap on the master cylinder
- so does anyone have any ideas?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Chris