Re: 4WD MGB

To: mowogmg@pil.net
Subject: Re: 4WD MGB
From: bugide@juno.com (Larry Dickstein)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 23:27:51 EDT

>Could you just rob an old Rover of its drive train and the modify the
>MGB body shell to accommodate the transfer case, etc.?

          No, in fact you couldn't!  It takes a great deal of
modification for the Rover V8 and SD1 transmission to go into the early
cars (not so much in the later ones) and, simply, there probably isn't
the physical space for "the transfer case, etc."

>I don't see any problems with this,

         Well, actually there would be many.  Often there are more
problems than one can imagine.  I suppose you could hike a body on some
sort of 4WD frame but it would certainly look strange.  If a person has a
lot of money and time on his hands, just about everything is doable.  The
end probably would not justify the means.  What would be the point?

Larry Dickstein
bugide@juno.com

'67 MG V8