Re: Can't go over 3000 rpm

To: MG <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Can't go over 3000 rpm
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 20:59:00 -0400
Well Folks,
        Here's a new twist to the situation.  I took the valve cover off,=

checked the clearances and watched the valve operation at idle - pretty
cool if you've never seen it before, BTW.  Anyway it seemed just fine so =
gave it some gas.  The valves looked like they were working OK but it
started back firing out of the stinking carbs at me!
        Now I know the reason is I have been taking another car to work
with me and Binky is showing her disgust and spitting at me but if anyone=

has a technical reason for this increase in her nastiness to me I would b=
grateful.  I want her back and am prepared to forgive her.
        I re-checked the timing - 15 BTDC (should be 10 BTDC) and the dwe=
ll
55 (should be 60 +/- 3)
The next item that you have given me to check is the possibility of a
blockage in the exhaust.  I'm saving that for the weekend.
        What do you think.

Adrian    (Lovelorn in NC)