Re: Can't go over 3000 rpm

To: AdrianJones@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: Can't go over 3000 rpm
From: Bert Otten <Bert.Otten@nni.nl>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 09:42:07 +0100

ir. A.L. Otten
afdeling Logistiek
tel. +31 15 2690 298
fax. +31 15 2690 190
Nederlands Normalisatie instituut
http://www.nni.nl

>>> Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com> 08/28/97 01:59AM >>> wrote:

-SNIP-
         I re-checked the timing - 15 BTDC (should be 10 BTDC) and the dwell
55 (should be 60 +/- 3)
The next item that you have given me to check is the possibility of a
blockage in the exhaust.  I'm saving that for the weekend.
        What do you think.

>Adrian,

>There was another suggestion,  offered by Barney Gaylord, for your problem.
I didn't hear you checking your distributor. Inside your distributor there is a
tiny wire going from the baseplate to the mechanical advance mechanism. Barney
suspected that this wire is loose and everytime when your mechanical advance
kicks in, the contact is broken. Read the original post for more information.

>I'm almost sure Barney is right. I'm almost certain that this has nothing to
>do with your valves and carburettors - it's purely electrical. That leaves:
 a) distributor (99% certain)
 b) coil (do they ever break?)

Bert Otten
'66 B
8,000 miles since last year and it still doesn't break down - What am I
supposed to do? Buy a Tr***ph?