Re: Electric A/C system?

To: CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu, DANMAS@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Electric A/C system?
From: Spook37211@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 14:37:53 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-08-26 15:26:57 EDT, CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu
writes:

<< lways spinning anyway though not with a load. Hondas are usually
considered
 to be very efficient cars. If you ever purchased a car with electric ac you
 would see the benefit of driveability with a small hp engine, the better gas

 mileage compared to a belt driven ac unit and unfortunately the higher cost
 of the system which is why you don't see it on cheap low hp "American" cars.

 I quote American because all of the small low hp American company econoboxes

 that come to mind are made by foreign companies. Electric compressors have a

  more stable power source that does not vary depending on driving
 conditions. This allows a more efficient design in the electric unit than
 the belt driven so I would argue your claim of twice the power needed.

 Chris

I suspect that the new Saturns my have the electric setup, as they have no
engine power drop when the compressor kicks in.
Ray