Re: vapor lock?

To: Arthur Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>,
Subject: Re: vapor lock?
From: missouf@mail.utexas.edu (steffy)
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 18:32:43 -0500 (CDT)
>       `Did it restart after it died, when you say "suddenly died" what
>happened when you tried to give it gas? has it happened since?
>...Art

 When the car died, I tried to downshift and to give it gas; however, there
was no tension _or reaction_ from the accelorator peddle.  The car coasted
to a stop, and then the engine died.  The car would not restart on the road,
not even after the obligatory waiting period.  However, the first time it
did this, it restarted after some basic tinkering (I tested the fuel pump;
then the car started).  This has happened twice, but had previously shown no
symptoms (even after a 4 hour drive down a Texas highway).  It has not been
willing to restart after this second failure.

stephanie
77 MG Midget ('Ebby')